I’ve learned so much in my internship at Transformations Counseling. I am trusted with a lot and given the tools and resources to succeed. I also enjoy the wealth of knowledge from Dr. Nelson as well as the other therapists in the office. It is a great place to learn and grow.
My internship experience at Transformations Counseling was one filled with growth and support. I was given clients at a pace that was comfortable for me. With weekly supervision meetings, I was able to discuss client cases and feel assured that I was meeting their needs in the best way possible. The entire experience was a positive one as a new intern.
My internship at Transformations Counseling has been a supportive and enriching experience. The nurturing environment fostered my growth as a mental health professional and equipped me with the tools needed to become a competent therapist. I am grateful for the invaluable opportunities to learn, collaborate, and develop my skills in a setting that truly promotes personal and professional growth.
Transformations Counseling PLLC is offering a part-time internship to become a therapist at our Rockford or Lake in the Hills location. Transformations Counseling PLLC is about helping clients achieve Best Self - Better Relationships - Balanced Life. Our mission is to help individuals, children, couples, and families overcome the impact of overwhelming emotions and behaviors through different therapeutic services and programs. In this role, you will work directly with clients through face-to-face or online sessions.
Job Title: Mental Health Therapist Internship
Required work experience and skills:
- Practicum/Internship Student currently enrolled in a Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) Program
- Performs diagnostic assessments of clients
- Be willing to work a minimum of 2 evenings a week, and 2 Saturdays a Month (12- 20 hours per week) with the ability to grow to a full-time position if desired.
- Performs individual therapy, group therapy, clinical consultation, and family therapy, ensuring clinical requirements of individual treatment plans are met.
- Prepares and maintains current and accurate case notes, staffing, and therapy reports.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in the field.
- Attends appropriate training programs.
- Secures client information per HIPAA standards.
- Aware of community referral sources and refer when necessary.
- Academic training in diagnosing, developing a treatment plan and carrying out evidence-based interventions with clients experiencing a variety of mental health issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative and committed to building a positive work environment.
- Comfort and experience using secure online platforms for video-based clients.
- Experience with adolescents and/or young adults preferred.
- Have knowledge and academic training in utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), or EMDR Therapy.
Education and Licenses:
- Current Master's Degree student in a Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) Degree Program.
- Ability to be licensed in Illinois as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) after graduation.
- Valid driver's license
What we offer:
- Paid Internship for the right candidate
- Flexible schedule with some evening and/or weekend availability required
- Marketing assistance and networking opportunities
- Opportunity to grow within the field
- Comprehensive training
- Supportive environment
- Scheduling and billing responsibilities are minimal
- Weekly Individual Supervision
- Upon Graduation:
- Fulltime Employment
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance
- Matching 401k available after 1 year full-time employment